Daring & Dashing
Movie title : Dookudu
Release Date : August 2011
Cast: Mahesh Babu (as G Ajay Kumar / Chinna, Cop / Member of Parliament / Business broker), Prakash Raj (as Shankar Narayana, father of Mahesh Babu), Samantha (as Prasanthi, female lead, fashion designer), Sonia, Kota Srinivasa Rao (as a politician, rival of Prakash Raj), Abhimanyu Singh, Brahmanandam (as tenant/owner of house), M S Narayana (as secretary of politician), Supreet (as anti-hero, rowdy), Parvati Melton (in a guest role, item song), Nassar (as a Police officer, head of Mahesh Babu and team)
Music : S S Taman
Editor : M. R. Varma
Dialouges : Kona Venkat
Story : Gopi Mohan
Screenplay :Srinu Vaitla
Photography : Prasad Murella
Costumes : Roopa Vytla
Fights : Ram-Laxman
Presenter : Achanta Ram
Direction : Srinu Vytla
Producer : Anil Sunkara, Gopinath Achanta and Ram Achanta
Banner : 14 Reels Entertainment Pvt Ltd
Plot / Movie Story / Movie Review
The movie begins with the introduction of the local MLA Shankar Narayana (Prakash Raj) and his family and how he meets his tragic accident. Shankar Narayan worked for the cause of his basti-people. As titles keep scrolling, the character of the son Ajay Kumar, IPS (Mahesh Babu) is also introduced. The politician is murdered but was pictured to have been dead in a freak accident. The son grows up to become a police office (played by Mahesh Babu) who eventually is behind the villain who actually killed his father. Mahesh Babu goes to Isthambul, Turkey on an assignment and in the process meets and falls in love with Prasanthi (Samantha) who is an aspiring fashion designer. It turns out that her father is actually the boss (palyed by Nasser) of Mahesh Babu. However because of close cover operation, Mahesh directly reports to Mumbai Police Commissioner (played by Suman).
It turns out that his father is not actually dead but was in incentive care in a comma state for years. The father is brought home to the same bungalow where he used to reside earlier and was made to believe that his son is actually a legislator.
The son kills the goons (the Minister, Kota and Supreet) on the hands of his father without the later actually knowing it. In one of the fights the police commissioner is killed when Mahesh Babu is in the process of rescuing him.
Ajay Kumar introduces Samantha and her family to his and the parents on both sides are happy about the marriage. The couple will have a quick marriage and Ajay continues to make-believe his father that he is a politician who does good to the people.
The morale of the story is that there are sons who care and work for the happiness of their father.
- First schedule of the movie was done in Turkey. Few shots of the movie are made in Dubai and Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad. Key scenes of the movie are shot at Malaysia and Turkey.
- Production of the movie is expected to begin at Turkey on October 14, 2010.
- In January 2011, an important talkie part is shot at Ramanaidu Studios in Hyderabad.
- By mid-February 2011, the film unit completed shooting some important scenes in Gujarat.
- Post mid-February 2011, the next schedule of the movie will be in Hyderabad from February 15 to March 3, 2011.
- During July 2011, the movie was in shooting phase in a private apartment in Somajiguda, Hyderabad.
- Audio of the movie is likely to be released on August 18, 2011 at a function to be held at Shilpa Kala Vedika, Hyderabad. The organizers sought police protection for the function considering a recent attack during the film shooting phase by telangana separatists.
- On September 2, 2011, the film crew was at Samshabad airport shooting some scenes on Mahesh Babu.
- The movie storyline is close to Salman Khan's Hindi Movie - Ready.
- Despite the movie release date is fast approaching, the movie crew is still in shooting phase. By end of August / early September, the film is shooting in Toli Chowki with climax shots of Mahesh Babu.
- The release date is moved from August to September 23, 2011.
- The movie is released with sub-titles in non-telugu markets.
- Nee Dookudu.. Saatevvadu
Featuring: Mahesh Babu and troup.
Artists: Shankar Mahadevan
Shot at / Location: Artificial set atop a building. At the time of introduction of Mahesh Babu
Featuring: Mahesh Babu and Samantha
Artists: Rahul Nambiyar
Shot at / Location: At an old heritage building
- Chulbuli Chulbuli
Featuring: Mahesh Babu and Samantha with troupe
Artists: Karthik, Rita
Shot at / Location: At a desert
- Poovai Poovai Auto Apparao
Featuring: Parvati Melton, Mahesh Babu and troup
Artists: Ramya N S, Navin Madhav
Shot at / Location: Club song
- Dethadi Dethadi
Artists: Ranjith, Divya
- Adara Adara
Featuring: Mahesh Babu, Samtha and family members
Artists: Karthik, Ramajogayya Shastry, Vardhini, Ranina Reddy, Megha
Shot at / Location: Wedding function
Dookudu Film Dialogues & Quotes
- Mahesh to Commissioner: Ee dookudu lekapothe policeman ki postman ki theda vundadu sir
English Translation: If this enthusiasm isn't there, what will be the difference between a police man and a post man sir?
Movies that are similar / related to Dookudu are:
- The Business Man - Mahesh Babu's next movie after Dookudu.