Movie title : Damarukam
Release Date : November 23, 2012
Cast: Akkineni Nagarjuna (as Mallikharjun, Shiva Devotee), Anushka Shetty (as Maheswari, female lead), Genesh Venkatraman, Jeeva, Charmme (as Sakku Bai, in an item song), Ravi Shankar (as Andhakasurudu), Prakash Raj (as Lord Siva and friend of Mallikharjun), Brahmanandam (as priest at Siva Temple), Devan, M S Narayana (as Vankara Satyam), Raghu Babu (as Gemologist), Krishna Bhagawan (as Colony President), Duvvasi Mohan, Pragathi, Rajitha, Satya Krishnan, Avinash, Rama Raju, Brahmaji, Kavita (as warden at orphanage), Geetanjali, Priya, Abhinaya, Kalpana, Apoorva, Prabhu, Kamal, Vijaya Rangaraju, K Aditya, Captain Choudary
CBFC Movie Rating : U/A
Music : Devi Sri Prasad
Editor : Gowtam Raju
Story : Veligonda Srinivas
Screenplay :Srinivas Reddy
Art : Ashok
Photography : Chota K Naidu
Audio : Aditya Music
Fights : Vijay
Direction : Srinivas Reddy
Producer : Dr Venkat
Banner : RR Movie Makers
Plot / Movie Story / Movie Review
The backdrop of the story is that the Gods win the battle against the Rakshasas and only one rakshasa survives. Thousands of years later, this rakshaha emerges and wants to take avenge against the Gods. To do this, he has to rebuild his clan and then take avenge.
Cab driver Mallikharjun or Malli (Nagarjuna) is a Lord Shiva's devotee. However with the tragic death of his entire family on their way to Kaasi (Varanasi), he begins to hate Shiva. He has a sister who lies paralysed in a hospital. Maheswari (Anushka) is born on an auspicious occasion (Panchagraha Kutami ) with the prowess of Goddess Parvati and the blessings of Lord Shiva. She is considered a powerful woman who can make or break the world with the choices she is going to make with her marriage. Mallikharjun falls in love with Maheswari.
Andhakasurudu (Ravi Shankar) is the last surviving Rakshasa. His clam believes that he has the ability to rise a new generation of rakshasas if he marries Maheswari on a special day, the solar eclipse day when five planets converge. It appears that he can do whatever he wants because he can control the panchabootas (the five elements). He wants to take revenge on Gods by destroying the mankind. There are aghoras who doesn't want this inauspicious thing to happen.
The movie is all about how Mallikharjun helps Maheswari and kills Andhakusura. Lord Shiva (Prakash Raj) comes down to earth in human form as Sambayya and rescues Mallikharjun in an accident and later in his process of helping Maheswari. Sambayya is introduced to the members of the colony and in the course of his stay, Brahmanandam gets to know that Sambayya is none other than himself the Lord Siva. Sambayya enjoys the quality food cook by Brahmanandam and on one day reveals that Mallikharjun has born for a divine cause.
Rahul (Ganesh Venkatraman) arrives in India from the US and is considered Maheswari's suitor during the second-half of the movie. However, Andhakasurudu kills him and gets into him and makes his way to the house of Anushka. A series of untoward incidents, such as the death of four favourite dogs etc. causes panic at the house.
- Ileana was actually picked to be in the lead pair but because of her busy schedule, Anushka was called in.
- The movie will be a socio-fantasy film.
- The movie is a big budget film.
- Nagarjuna appears as a macho man and is sporting six-pack abs in the movie.
- Shooting of the movie will began on February 12, 2011. The movie shows Nagarjuna in two different faces.
- The movie is having around 50 minutes of graphics on screen.
- Charmme appears in an item song and has hailed Devi Sri Prasad for music of the song.
- Audio of the movie was released on September 10, 2012. This is the 50th audio of DSP for movie. Also, this is the first time that his movie released the audio for a movie.
- The movie release date was actually fixed for October 20 but was moved to October 24. It is also possible that the release date will be moved to November 1, the AP Formation Day.
- Omkara Srushti
Artists: Venkat Sai
- Panchagraha kootam
- Nesthama Nesthama
Artists: Sri Krishna, Harini
Artists: Hariharan, Myriad Pro
Artists: Shankar Mahadevan
- Sakku Bhai
Artists: Suchit Suresan, Mamta Sharma
- Laali Laali
Artists: Gopika Poornima
Artists: MLR Karthikeyan
- Kanya Kumari
Artists: Jaspreet Jasz, Sunitha
- Shiva Shiva Shankara
Artists: Shankar Mahadevan
Damarukam Film Dialogues & Quotes
- Nagarjuan to Brahmanandam: Gudilo poojarivi ayyundi, ee non-veg storilu endururaa?
English Translation: Nagarjuan to Brahmanandam: Being a priest at the temple, why do you need these non-veg stories?
- Raghu Babu: Picchivada, Aishwaryaki maname pettamu raayi, Aishwarya Rai ayyindi
English Translation: Raghu Babu: Fool, I have put the stone for Aishwarya. She became Aishwarya Rai
Movies that are similar / related to Damarukam are:
- Routine Love Story - Both the movies are released on the same day. Both of them competed with the release of the Hindi movie Life of Pi.